Keeping carpet really clean and its regular maintenance is actually a big challenge. Of course, all of us really want our carpet to have a longer life since buying a new one is actually a costly move to make at this time due to economic problems. Taking proper care and maintaining the cleanliness of your carpet will save you funds from having to purchase very expensive cleaning solutions also. In connection with this, we’ve come up with a listing of cleaning tricks and tips:
• Avoid immediate rubbing at a carpet stain. This could only cause it to smear and become permanent. Doing this also will deteriorate the fiber making the carpet to wear out quicker.Treat effectively unsightly stains so that they do not come back on the area of the carpet. Cover the stain by using a thick fabric and weigh down with something heavy immediately, making it possible for the towel to absorb the stain then you should clean as usual. You should not use a hair dryer or an iron to dry a carpet stain because this can only seal the stain permanently on your rug.
• A clean carpet is certainly one that’s regularly maintained. Take time to vacuum often enough and be sure to do it properly, meaning that going over the carpet in a number of directions to allow the vacuum to get all of the dirt it can. Be sure to steam clean as well as deep clean the carpet as often as needed. To have a thorough clean rug, you need to have this cleaned by a skilled carpet cleaner. A reliable company is available in Prince George, BC. HIGH TECH PROFESSIONAL CLEANING is simply a click away.
• For particularly obstinate mold and mildew, make use of a non-chlorine bleach or lemon juice and sodium formula for colored fabrics. You can just slightly brush the spot along with a mixture of peroxide (one part of 3 percent bleach into 5 parts of water), but you must make sure that the formula won’t damage the fabric of the carpet.
• Be alert for spills and then take care of them immediately in order to have a nice and clean carpet. By utilizing water on the spill will help most spills. And additionally, if that doesn’t work, increase your search. You will discover various products and solutions on the market that will help you to take care of spills instantly. These products range in uses and may be useful when you match these for the type of spill that has occurred. Combining water and vinegar may also make it easier to keep any spots away. Keep in mind, having to take immediate action will help put a stop to spills from becoming stains leaving you with a clean rug.
• Utilize the mildest cleaning products that are available as much as possible for your carpet. Use only harsher ones for stubborn stains and also certain spillages. Mild carpet shampoos are still definitely the best solution. If you use a particular cleaning product, the key is actually “read the label and adhere to the company’s instructions” if unsure check the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet).
• It is recommended to use front door mat in your home. Proper use of entrance mat can certainly help clean off people’s pair of shoes and definitely will keep the majority of the tracked in soils out of the carpet surfaces.
However, if all of these how-to’s really don’t give good results or you are not sure how to do them, give us a call at (250) 614-1345. This tried and tested carpet cleaning company is one of the best in town and will surely help you clean your own carpet.