Maintaining carpets is certainly not easy. The everyday wear and tear could take its toll on your carpet. Fortunately, you can avoid any heavy dirt on your carpet as well as you can perform the cleaning yourself and you can do this in your own time. All of the following guidelines will help you maintain your carpet’s overall appearance as well as prolong its life.
1. Utilize both indoor and outdoor mats at each entrance in order to lessen the amount of soil brought into your home.
2. Thoroughly clean the heavy traffic sections 2-3 times a week using a vacuum cleaner while the others can be cleaned once per week.
3. Prepare your own spot remover by mixing 1/4 teaspoon liquid detergent (without bleach) plus 1 cup cold water.
4. Have a protector routinely applied after cleaning because over time the protection on stain-resistant carpet wears down.
5. Try the colorfastness property of a particular stain -removing product before utilizing it. Try checking it in hidden area.
6. Before placing on your carpet, test area rugs for colorfastness since a few carpets may are likely to bleed.
7. Vacuum below area rugs periodically to get rid of loose debris that may have filtered through the rugs to your carpet.
8. Immediately after professional cleaning, leave the protective blocks in place to avoid color transfer between furniture and flooring.
9. All your household furniture collects everyday dust particles and grime similar to your carpet. We advise you have them both professionally cleaned all at once for your convenience.
Carpet maintenance is actually a difficult task however if you stick to all of these good suggestions, you will spare yourself from a lot of dirt and grime as you clean your carpet. For more information on carpet cleaning and maintenance tasks, call an experienced professional carpet cleaner around Prince George, BC. HIGH TECH PROFESSIONAL CLEANING is certainly at your service. Phone us today so we can arrange our visit to your home.