Maintaining carpets is certainly not easy. The every day wear and tear will take its toll on your carpet. The great thing, it is possible to avoid the heavy dirt and grime on your carpet as well as you can carry out the cleaning yourself and you can accomplish it in your own time. These simple guidelines can help you preserve your carpet’s overall appearance as well as prolong its life.
1. Utilize indoor and outdoor mats at each entrance in order to minimize the amount of soil brought into your your own home.
2. Clean the heavy traffic areas 2-3 times every week using a vacuum while the rest can be cleaned once a week.
3. Prepare your own spot cleaner by combining 1/4 teaspoon liquid detergent (free of bleach) plus 1 cup cold water.
4. Have a protector on a regular basis applied right after cleaning because after some time the protection on stain-resistant carpet will wear down.
5. Try the colorfastness property of a specific stain -removing solution before using it. Try testing it in hidden area.
6. Before placing on your carpet, test area rugs for colorfastness since some carpets may tend to bleed.
7. Vacuum under area rugs occasionally to remove loose dirt that may have filtered through the rugs to your carpet.
8. After professional cleaning, keep the protective blocks in place in order to avoid color transfer between house furniture and flooring.
9. All your house furniture accumulates everyday dirt and grime just like your carpet. We recommend you have them both cleaned professionally all at once for your convenience.
Carpet maintenance is really a difficult task however when you adhere to all of these smart and practical suggestions, you may spare yourself from a lot of dust particles as you clean your carpet. For additional info on carpet cleaning and maintenance, contact an experienced professional carpet cleaner in Prince George, BC. HIGH TECH PROFESSIONAL CLEANING is certainly at your service. Phone us now so we can arrange our visit to your place.