Maintaining carpets is certainly not easy. The every day wear and tear will take its toll on your own carpet. The great thing, you can avoid the heavy dirt on your carpet as well as you can carry out the cleaning yourself and do the work in your own time. These simple ideas will help you preserve your carpet’s overall appearance as well as prolong its life.
1.Utilize both indoor and outdoor mats at each entrance in order to minimize the amount of soil brought into your your own home.
2.Thoroughly clean the heavy traffic places 2-3 times weekly using a vacuum while the rest can be cleaned once per week.
3. Prepare your own spot cleaner by simply mixing up 1/4 teaspoon liquid detergent (without bleach) plus 1 cup cold water.
4. Have a protector routinely applied immediately after cleaning because after some time the protection on stain-resistant carpet wears down.
5. Check the colorfastness property of a certain stain -removing product before utilizing it. Try testing it in hidden area.
6. Before placing on the carpet, test area rugs for colorfastness since some rugs may tend to bleed.
7. Vacuum below area rugs occasionally to get rid of loose dirt that may have filtered through the rugs to your carpet.
8. Right after professional carpet cleaning, leave the protective blocks in place in order to avoid color transfer between home furniture and flooring.
9. Your home furniture accumulates daily dirt and soil exactly like your carpet. We recommend you have them both cleaned professionally all at once for your convenience.
Carpet maintenance is really a challenge but if you stick to all these good suggestions, you may spare yourself from excessive dirt and grime as you clean your carpet. For additional information on carpet cleaning and maintenance tasks, call a professional carpet cleaner around Prince George, BC. HIGH TECH PROFESSIONAL CLEANING is certainly at your service. Give us a call immediately so we can schedule our visit to your home.