The maintenance of carpets is certainly not easy. The every day wear and tear will take its toll on your own carpet. It’s good to know, it is possible to avoid all the major dirt on your carpet as well as you can carry out the cleaning yourself and you can accomplish it in your own time. These simple tips can help you preserve your carpet’s appearance as well as prolong its life.
1. Use indoor and outdoor mats at each entrance to reduce the amount of debris brought into your home.
2. Clean the heavy traffic sections 2-3 times a week using a vacuum cleaner while the others can be cleaned once a week.
3. Make your own spot remover by simply mixing 1/4 teaspoon liquid detergent (with no bleach) and 1 cup cold water.
4. Use a protector routinely applied immediately after cleaning because after some time the protection on stain-resistant carpet will wear down.
5. Check the colorfastness property of a certain stain -removing product before utilizing it. Try testing it in inconspicuous area.
6. Before placing on the carpet, test area rugs for colorfastness because some carpets may often bleed.
7. Vacuum under area rugs periodically to eliminate loose soil that may have filtered through the rugs to your carpet.
8.Immediately after professional cleaning, keep the protective blocks in place in order to avoid color transfer between home furnishings and flooring.
9. All your house furniture collects everyday dust and grime exactly like your carpet. We recommend you have them both professionally cleaned at the same time for your convenience.
Carpet care is truly a difficult task but if you adhere to all of these practical ideas, you can save yourself from excessive dirt as you clean your carpet. For more information on carpet cleaning and maintenance, phone an experienced carpet cleaner around Prince George, BC. HIGH TECH PROFESSIONAL CLEANING is at your service. Call us immediately so we can plan our visit to your house.