Maintaining carpets is certainly not easy. The day-to-day wear and tear can take its toll on your carpet. The good news is, you can actually avoid any heavy dirt on your carpet and you can do the cleaning yourself and do this in your own time. The examples below ideas will help you maintain your carpet’s appearance as well as prolong its life:
1. Utilize both indoor and outdoor mats at each entrance in order to reduce the amount of dirt brought into your your own home.
2. Clean the heavy traffic areas 2-3 times every week by using a vacuum while the rest can be cleaned once weekly.
3. Prepare your own spot remover simply by combining 1/4 teaspoon liquid detergent (free of bleach) and 1 cup cold water.
4. Have a protector on a regular basis applied just after cleaning because after some time the protection on stain-resistant carpet will wear down.
5. Check the colorfastness property of a certain stain -removing product before using it. Try checking it in inconspicuous area.
6. Before placing on your carpet, test area rugs for colorfastness because some rugs may tend to bleed.
7. Vacuum below area rugs periodically to eliminate loose debris that may have filtered through the rugs to your carpet.
8. After professional cleaning, keep the protective blocks in place to avoid color transfer between house furniture and flooring.
9. Your furniture collects daily dust and soil just like your carpet. We recommend you have both of them cleaned professionally all at once for your convenience.
Carpet maintenance is actually a difficult task however if you follow these good ideas, you may spare yourself from a lot of dirt and grime as you clean your carpet. For more information on carpet cleaning and maintenance, get in touch with a professional carpet cleaner around Prince George, BC. HIGH TECH PROFESSIONAL CLEANING is at your service. Give us a call today so we can schedule our visit to your house.