Have you considered what level of damage the water from a flooding may cause? Yes, it may cause black mold to show up on wall surfaces, carpeting and furniture. Allergic attacks and respiratory system issues may happen due to mold. For you to stay away from mold, clean up your own home within the first two days. To know more about restoring water damage and mold, look at following directions very carefully.
• Take away unimportant things such as publications or magazines which could result in fungus and to avoid moldy scents. Copy any important files or items and remove them if they’re thoroughly soaked.
• Use a water extraction vacuum to remove water from the carpets and rugs. Steam-clean with the equipment’s suggested shampoo or conditioner. Extract the water again. You can rent these machines from cleaning services and hardware stores. Put the carpet outside to allow them to be dried under the sun.
• To draw out water from the air and prevent lingering moisture from getting into the walls, position a home dehumidifier in your residence.
• Do not open the windows, this could allow fungal spores into your house. To circulate air, place fans around the home.
• Remove and replace ruined ceiling tiles.
• To get rid of any small puddles of water, use a clean cloth to wipe it down.
• Have the drapes professionally cleaned. Remove them from around the windows.
• Replace the insulation from the wall that has been wet and replace it with a new one. Insulation will never dry properly and then collect mold.
• Check the drywall that is wet for swelling or exposed seams in the structure. To prevent swelling and aid in ventilation, remove insulation from the wall cavity. If there are any signs of buckling, replace the drywall.
• Use humidifier and fans at any wet wood surfaces to lessen damage. A light detergent such as dish soap should be used to clean treated or finished wood. Take away wet wall paneling from walls and allow it to dry separately.
These are some of the tips that may help you restore the water damages in your home. Water damage restoration is a challenging task, it may also require a help from an expert to be fully confident about the safety of your house and most importantly, your family. Call HIGH TECH PROFESSIONAL CLEANING in Prince George, to get help from an expert and be informed about water damage restoration. They are one of the most reliable water damage experts in Prince George, B.C.