Have you considered what degree of damage the water from a flood will cause? Yes, it can cause black mold to appear on walls, the carpeting and furniture. Allergies and respiratory system issues may occur due to mildew. So that you can prevent mildew, clean up your house inside the first two days. To know more about repairing water damage, read the following recommendations carefully.
• Take away unimportant items such as publications or periodicals which could result in fungus and to avoid moldy odours. Duplicate any important files or items and remove them if they are thoroughly soaked.
• Use a water extraction vacuum to eliminate water from the rug. Steam-clean with the equipment’s suggested shampoo. Extract the water again. You can rent these machines from cleaning services and hardware stores. Put the carpet outside for them to be dried under the sun.
• To draw out water from the air and prevent lingering moisture from going into the walls, position a dehumidifier in your house.
• Do not open the windows, it could allow fungal spores into your home. To circulate air, place fans in your house.
• Remove and replace ruined ceiling tiles.
• To get rid of any small puddles of water, use a clean rag to wipe it down.
• Have the drapes professionally cleaned. Remove them from around the windows.
• Replace the insulation from the wall that has been wet and replace it with a new one. Insulation will never dry properly and then collect mold.
• Check the drywall that is wet for swelling or exposed seams in the structure. To prevent swelling and aid in ventilation, remove insulation from the wall cavity. If there are any signs of buckling, replace the drywall.