Have you thought what degree of damage the water from a flood will cause? Yes, it can cause black mold to appear on walls, the rugs and furniture. Hypersensitive reactions and asthmatic issues will occur due to black mold. For you to avoid mold, clean up your own home inside the first 48 hrs. To know more about repairing water damage and mold, read the following guidelines cautiously.
• Take away unimportant items such as publications or periodicals which could result in fungus and to avoid moldy odours. Replicate any essential documents or items and remove them if they are thoroughly soaked.
• Use a water extraction vacuum to eliminate water floor covering. Steam-clean with the equipment’s suggested shampoo. Extract the water again. You are able to rent these machines from cleaning services and hardware stores. Put the carpet outside for them to be dried in the sun.
• To extract water from the air and prevent residual moisture from getting into the walls, place a dehumidifier in your residence.
• Do not open the windows, it could allow fungal spores into your home. To circulate air, place fans around the house.
• Remove and change ruined ceiling tiles.
• To get rid of any small puddles of water, use a clean cloth to wipe it down.
• Have the drapes professionally cleaned. Remove them from around the windows.
• Replace the insulation from the wall that has been wet and replace it with a new one. Insulation will never dry properly and then collect mold.
• Check the drywall that is wet for swelling or exposed seams in the structure. To prevent swelling and aid in ventilation, remove insulation from the wall cavity.
• Use humidifier and fans at any wet wood surfaces to lessen damage. A light detergent such as dish soap should be used to clean treated or finished wood. Take away wet wall paneling from walls and allow it to dry separately.
These are some of the tips that may help you restore the water damages in your home. Water damage restoration is a challenging task, it may also require a help from an expert to be fully confident about the safety of your house and most importantly, your family. Call HIGH TECH PROFESSIONAL CLEANING in Prince George, B.C. to get help from an expert and be informed about water damage restoration. They are one of the most reliable water damage experts in Prince George, B.C.